smbmount converts to all uppercase.

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Sun Jan 16 08:35:05 GMT 2000

Hello,
	If this message is off topic please e-mail me privately. I'm using
slackware 7.0 which comes with samba 2.05. And I'm having the following
problem.
	I've got two networked machines, the linux machine, with an inoperative
cdrom, and my 98 machine. I want to install additional slackware packages
off said rom. So I shared it, then used smbmount to mount it on my
slackware system. The problem is, it converted the entire cd to
uppercase. I have the options:
short preserve case = no
and preserve case = no
	in my smb.conf and that helps with the issue of case when copying files
via network neighborhood, but smbmount is still converting to uppercase.
Any ideas and no the cd is not initially in uppercase.
Thanks.
DAve.