Network Busy Error

Grady Vincent gradyv at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 14 23:32:32 GMT 2000

I had a similar problem at one stage, which it appeared was the result of my
Linux system trying to resolve the clients name/ip address. I found this out
by switching off DNS search (on my RedHat Linux systems it was in
/etc/resolv.conf).

Anyway, I also use 192.168.x.x address on my internal network, so I made
sure my local DNS server was setup as the Primary DNS for the
168.192.in-addr.arpa domain and it ensured that the DNS lookup that was
happening failed quickly rather than trying to search the greater web.

Anyway it works for me now without a hitch.

Hope this gives you some further ideas.

Grady Vincent
Thinkware Solutions Pty Ltd