How to force Windows 95 to use specific Domain?

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Thu Jan 13 22:21:44 GMT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 06:08:39 +1100, hai scritto:

>Thank you for your reply. I've already had set this up in the policy.
>That works fine as long as the user uses a valid domain-name. In cases
>the user types in a nonexisting domain-name (e.g. zzashgsvy), he is
>always able to login the computer without using a valid user/passwd
It doesn't work that way for me (I tested it with win95).
If there's the registry key
HKLM\Network\Logon\MustBeValidated
then I have to put user/pass/domain right.

If I put the right domain and the wrong password I'm immediately told I
cannot login; if I put the wrong domain there's a 5/10 sec timeout and
then I'm told I cannot login. I cannot use "cancel" either.

giulioo at pobox.com