Cannot access Samba Server from NT client (service pack 5)

Errol Casey errol at ipass.net
Wed Jan 12 22:09:38 GMT 2000

I have a samba server running on a Solaris server, which uses unix
passwords. I installed the cleartext password registry macro,
but still cannot access my samba server.

I get an error indicating that the login is not allowed to login
from this station?

I'm new to NT, so I expect this is a conflict between domain
authentication and unix samba server authentication. As, I login
through a NT domain server on the NT box, before I try to mount
something from the Unix based samba server.

Any pointers would be appreciated; as we want users on the NT
boxes to use the samba mounts for data and only install tools
on the NT drives.