cups, samba and print queue....

Michal Jezierski heja at klopsik.mtl.pl
Mon Jan 10 11:18:54 GMT 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 tbsky_lee at unicap.com.tw wrote:

> Hello!
>   we are using cups 1.0.4 and samba 2.0.6 here.
>   windows client can print correctly, but they can not see
>   queue status.
>   the print manager of windows  allways shows blank.
>   how to solve this problem?
>   Any body got success to let windows client see the
>   queue of the server ??
>   thanks for help ....
>
>    Best Regards,
>    Tbsky

I have no problems in displaying the print queue, apart from
the fact, that it displays Samba job IDs
(computer_name.job_number). There is nothing unusual in
smb.conf.  Here are relevant parts:

[global]
   workgroup = FLASH

   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

   guest account = drukarka

   lock directory = /var/lock/samba
   locking = yes
   strict locking = yes
   share modes = yes
   security = share

   domain master = no
    local master = no

; this is for OS/2
   lm announce = true
   lm interval = 10

[printers]
   path = /var/spool/samba/lp
   browseable = no
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   create mode = 0770
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
   print command = lpr -r -h -P %p %s ; rm %s

Hope this helps,

Michal

Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!