subnets can "Find" but not browse each other

Edward Schernau ed at schernau.com
Sat Jan 8 21:27:25 GMT 2000

I have a Samba server (2.0.6, WINS, 95 domain logon, Linux 2.2.13)
on 1 subnet, along with some clients.  I have some clients on another
subnet.

I have "remote announce" pointing to the remote subnet' broadcast.

PCs on the subnet with the Samba=WINS server can use Find to locate
the other computers, and net view works.   But the PCs in the other
subnet dont appear in the browse list.

Do I need to "remote announce" on both subnets?

--
Edward Schernau				http://www.schernau.com
Network Architect			mailto:ed at schernau.com
Rational Computing			Providence, RI, USA, Earth