Group logon Scripts

Stefan Arbeiter stefan.arbeiter at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Jan 8 02:50:29 GMT 2000

[...]
>> every script.  Can I log them on by group ID but still map
>> their personal shares with the %U flag so I then only have 7 scrpits?
[...]
> I use the following script in the root preexec field for the netlogon
> share,called by tthis command:
> perl /home/netlogon/logon_script %u %m %g
[...]

A "quick and dirty" solution could be to write 7 group logon batch scripts
and call them in the users logon scripts, which would then look like this:

NET USE X : /HOME
NET USE Y: \\SERVER\SHARE
CALL Y:\GROUP.BAT
NET USE Y: /DELETE

... so you would only have to change the individual skript if the
users changes his department.

However, the perl / prexec solution is really sophisticated.
stefan