Printing with lpr or lprng without two copy

Risko Gergely risko at lisa.njszki.hu
Wed Jan 5 12:45:46 GMT 2000

Hello!

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, William Knox wrote:

> Risko,
> Have you tried the following as a print command:
>
> lpr -s -P%p %s; rm -f %s
>
> ? I use this without any problems (minus the -s flag, which I will look
> into - I always thought that duplicating the file was a waste, but had
> never come across this option for some reason). Let me know if this
> works for you.
> --
> 			Bill Knox
> 			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
> 			The MITRE Corporation
I think if we delete the file after spooling, the symlink won't work in
lpr spool directory. A good solution if we create a hard link (but this
isn't supported by lpr) and give the -r flag. Because hard link won't bad
if we delete the original file from /tmp.

Any other ideas?

Please CC to me!

Risko Gergely