Locked files...no feedback

Hugh Evans hevans at morrice.com
Tue Jan 4 15:37:13 GMT 2000

Just upgraded to RH Linux 6.0 on my Samba file server serving to
NT/SP5 clients. When multiple users try and open the same file (Excel
for example) - the NT client used to allow the file to be opened -
Read Only and ID the other user using the file. Now - I just get a
"cant read file" message on the clients - very frustrating. Can
anybody enlighten me as to what may be going on!

Thanks very much

Hugh Evans