MS Access on Samba 2.0.6

Bjørn Christian Borgen bjorn at webon.net
Tue Jan 4 08:16:34 GMT 2000

I'm running an MS Access databasen on a RedHat 6.0 Intel
box, using Samba 2.0.6. Clients running Win95/98 and
WinNT 4.0.

When more than 6-7 clients opens the Access database I
get an error message like "Table <NAME> is exclusively
locked by user <NAME> on machine <NAME>. Error number
3261. (I don't have the exact error message in English
since I'm using the Norwegian MS Office 97).

The database has recently been moved from a WinNT where
it ran without any problems (other than the lack of
stability...  ;-).

My smb.conf (generated by SWAT)

[global]
        workgroup = IC
        netbios name = TELIX
        server string = Samba Server on telix
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        dns proxy = No
        guest account =
        directory mask = 0777
        hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.
        oplocks = No

[FELLES]
        comment = Felles - telix
        path = /FELLES
        force user = felles
        force group = felles
        read only = No
        max connections = 50
        mangle locks = Yes

I would appreciate any comments and possible solutions.
I've sort of promissed my boss that samba on Linux is
much better than a NT box, but maybe I'm having a hard
time to convince him.... :-(
--
Best regards Bjørn Christian Borgen
WebOn AS

Direct :+47 33353313       Switch board:+47 33353300
Fax    :+47 33353301       Mobile phone:+47 97147653
Web  http://www.webon.net  E-Mail  : bjorn at webon.net