smbd spawns

Dan O'Connor dan at jgl.reno.nv.us
Sun Jan 2 20:42:50 GMT 2000

Well, I don't know what or why you're getting the error, but as for multiple
smbd daemons:

Samba spawns a new smbd to handle each connection. The first smbd acts
similar to inetd, accepting a connection and then spawning a new daemon to
handle the SMB traffic.

Oh, and smbd runs as root, and needs root access...

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!