CD-ROM on NT

david.o.seeger at ac.com david.o.seeger at ac.com
Tue Feb 29 19:11:40 GMT 2000

Samba on Solaris is able to see the all shared drives on Windows NT except for
the CD-ROM drive.  The CD-ROM Drive (E:) is setup to be shared.

smbclient -L output looks something like:

Sharename      Type      Comment
NETLOGON       Disk      Logon Server share
ADMIN$         Disk      Remote Admin
IPC$           IPC       Remote IPC
LaserJet4000        Printer        HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL 6
LexmarkColor        Printer        Lexmark Optra C
F$             Disk      Default share
G$             Disk      Default share
H$             Disk      Default share

This output also lists all Servers, WorkGroups and Masters on the sub-net.

Any thoughts on how I can get the CD-ROM drive to show up in this list so I can
access the CD files via Solaris?