Setting up debugging properly / File access

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Feb 28 13:04:38 GMT 2000

You wrote:
| I'm having a problem with Samba 2.0.6 on HP-UX 10.20, and I'd like
| to set up the debugging options so that I can only generate debug
| messages for my own connections.

	Imagine for a moment that your client is named "hobbes".
	Create a hobbes.conf files that says

log file = %m.log
log level = 3

	In your smb.conf, add
include = /some/path/%m.conf
	to the [globals] section of the file.

	This will do noting if the client isn't named hobbes,
	but will set the log file and log level for all
	connections to hobbes.

	See also
	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch09_01.html

--dave