Setting up debugging properly / File access problems

Jayson Garrett Garrett at mc.edu
Fri Feb 25 16:41:11 GMT 2000

I'm having a problem with Samba 2.0.6 on HP-UX 10.20, and I'd like to set up the debugging options so that I can only generate debug messages for my own connections.

Can someone give me some help in how to do this?

BTW, here's the problem I'm having... I'd appreciate it if anyone had any info about this issue as well <G>

I'm connecting several Samba 2.0.6 shares successfully to my Windows 2000 client PC.

I can access files on those shares just fine using most programs. However, my favorite text editor, TextPad 4.1.05, locks up anytime I try to open a file on one of the Samba shares. When this happens, the CPU usage of my smbd process on the HP-UX box goes through the roof, and only killing TextPad on the PC fixes the problem.

The TextPad folks say they're using Windows 2000 PCs as Samba clients successfully at their development site, which is why I'd like to generate the debugging info for them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jayson T. Garrett, Mississippi College Computer Center
P.O. Box 4056, Clinton, MS 39058
601.925.3826   garrett at mc.edu   http://www.mc.edu/~garrett

"The human race is divided into two sharply differentiated and
mutually antagonistic classes -- a small minority that plays with
ideas and is capable of taking them in, and a vast majority that
finds them painful, and is thus arrayed against them."
    -- H.L. Mencken