Fw: Windows 2000 breaks the samba client

Jason Perlow perlow at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:42:49 GMT 2000

Okay. I'm a dumbshit. I decided to learn how to use the CLI.

smbmount //DEXTER/C$  /dexter -I 192.168.254.3 -U administrator -W ARGONAUT

results in a sucessful mount.

However, the fact that you cant list shares with smbclient is annoying,
especially if its on a remote box over a wan and you dont have access to a
Windows machine to do a NET SHARE. I think MS broke it on purpose just to
throw you guys through a loop.

Branch to Fishkill! DOH!