Fw: Windows 2000 breaks the samba client

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Feb 25 03:24:34 GMT 2000

Ok, I now have Win2k server installed with active
directory running.

I am using 2.0.7pre1 (snapshot I released) and have
no problems connecting to the Win2k server using smbclient
and seeing all files.

This means the basic connectivity is fine between Samba
smbclient and Win2k. I will now try and test smbfs (which
I *hate*, so bear with me :-).

There is a problem in that smbclient -L doesn't give a
share list from the machine (although it does give a
workgroup/master browser list, strange...) so I'll look
into that also.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.