[Fwd: Re: NIS+ support in samba....]

Jeff Pajor pajor at descent.net
Wed Feb 23 14:11:34 GMT 2000

Thanks for the replies.... I am stuck on the second step of your
list... I do not have a smbpasswd file, so I am not sure how I can create
on... also, when I run smbpasswd (the executable) as root, I get the
following:
# ./smbpasswd
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB
password:                                                                                                            Failed
to find entry for user root.
Failed to change password entry for root

Any help you can provide to me would be very apprciated....

thank you

Jeff
pajor at descent.net