File attributes

J. Mostert J.Mostert at geodelft.nl
Wed Feb 23 13:00:09 GMT 2000

Hello,

Recently we upgraded from 1.9.18.p10 to 2.0.6. This resulted in a
problem with DOS programs that have a built-in test on the existence of
a network directory. This directory is in fact a symbolic link in HP-UX
to a read-only directory. This directory contains the applications.

With 1.9.18p10 the File Attribute of this directory is 17; with 2.0.6 it
is 16.

Problem is that we no longer have the source code for these DOS
applications. Why does the latest release of Samba return another value
for a symbolic link to a read-only directory then the older version?

Samba is installed on HP-UX 10.20. Clients are Windows 95/98.

Regards,

Jan Mostert