Best way to do logins by group?

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Wed Feb 23 12:24:40 GMT 2000

Andrew,
Everyone has their primary group set to their login name as a kind of
security measure for the careless with umasks, as I recall. This was one
of the more annoying aspects of Red Hat's user addition programs, IMHO.
You should be able to change everyone to more sensible groups without
any danger to self or others, assuming that no one is using the machine
yet and expecting this behavior.

Good luck.

--
			Bill Knox