File locking with source

krcsamba krcsamba at eilis.net
Tue Feb 22 14:35:34 GMT 2000

Can you please help or point me in the correct direction to solve the
following problem

We have an old stock control program which runs on all types of MS os's from
DOS to NT4. However, It refuses to lock correctly on a samba server (Version
samba-2.0.6-19991110.386.rpm).

When both the file and lock program are placed in the same directory and the
lock program run from a dos prompt on one machine the other machine refuses
to lock the file correctly (program on second machine returns an error code
of 80)

I've included the Executable, Source code and Lock file

If we I can't get this to work I'm going to have to resort to using a MS os
(HELP!!)

Kevin Clarke