NT Print sharing??

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Feb 21 18:56:27 GMT 2000

"Gerstacker, Steve" wrote:

> To my surprise, the sys admin asked me if I could set up
> a linux print server on our NT Domain.  After I got it setup,
> I found out only super users can install the printers.  Is
> / Will there be any type of fix for this????

Print drivers will always need to be installed on the local
machine as Samba will only be able to supoort RAW
printing mode in the future.  The restriction to install
printer driver requiring Admin access (or power operators
i think) is an NT thing.

BTW... Jean Francois Micouleau is currently working on
the NT printing support in Samba.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter