No NT Access after Upgrade

Tobias Schenk schenk at physik.tu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 21 09:20:49 GMT 2000

Hello Samba-Pros,

I just upgraded from 1.9.18 to 2.0.6, from kernel 2.0.x to 2.2.13
(SuSE 6.3) and to a faster machine. I thought just copying smb.conf,
passwd, group, shadow, smbpasswd and my smbusermap should be enough to
get the new samba work.
All connections from localhost work fine, but suddenly I cannot
connect from the NT-boxes. Samba seems to reject my password.
It shouldn't be the encrypted password problem, because I can still
access my old server. In a few constellations i am able to access some
shares but I never can acces shares, that map the directory using
path=/home/%u.
I use the 'security=share' and 'valid users=@usergroup' option. The
unix access settings are set correctly, since they are the same as on
my old machine.
I recompiled the sources, testparm works, pinging works, name resolution
works, network neighborhood works.

Best regards,
 Tobias                          mailto:schenk at physik.tu-berlin.de