Different Domain Login. UPDATED

Ryan Wyler SC4211 at email.mot.com
Fri Feb 18 20:24:12 GMT 2000

UPDATED: Sorry, I didn't specify, my diffs are based off the
samba-2.0.6.tar.gz
(end of update)
----

Well, I haven't received anything from the LIST as far as replys yet..
but I went through the source code and added what I needed.  If you know
which list is better to submit these changes to let me know.

I added a option in the smb.conf:
Default Authenticaion Domain

What it does is if you have that option specified, it will do a
comparision to see if the Domain specified by the user is the same
domain as the WORKGROUP of the sambaserver.  If it is then it will
change the domain to be lp_defaultauthdomain (which is the Default
Authentication Domain).  Below are my DIFFS, please review them and help
me impliment this better if you see anything that needs to be changed,
thanks!

WAYBELOW is my origional post to samba-ntdom at samba.org

FOLLOWING ARE MY DIFFS:

-- smbd/reply.c --
# diff smbd/reply.c.orig smbd/reply.c
787a788,794
>     /* Added by Ryan Wyler (ryan at nhorizon.net) */
>     if(*lp_defaultauthdomain) {
>       if(strequal(lp_workgroup(), domain)) {
>         fstrcpy(domain,lp_defaultauthdomain());
>       }
>     }

-- param/loadparm.c --

# diff param/loadparm.c.orig param/loadparm.c
122a123
>   char *szDefaultAuthDomain;
540a542
>   {"default authentication domain", P_USTRING, P_GLOBAL, &Globals.szDefaultAuthDomain,       NULL,   NULL,  FLAG_BASIC|FLAG_DOS_STRING},
1182a1185
> FN_GLOBAL_STRING(lp_defaultauthdomain,&Globals.szDefaultAuthDomain)

-- include/proto.h --

# diff include/proto.h.orig include/proto.h
1006a1007

Motorola ITSS                 Pager:  ryan.page at monitor.sat.mot.com
   U N I X