Mirror functionality in Samba

J. Mostert J.Mostert at geodelft.nl
Fri Feb 18 09:39:31 GMT 2000

Lately we were thinking about mirroring our file-server to saveguard the
data. We came up with the wish that if it was possible to let Samba make
a copy of a file to another location when it is written to the server,
it would be a good way to mirror the data. Now we use a find command,
which scans the whole file-system of 100 GBytes. This takes a lot of
time and costs performance.

Is it possible to make a parameter like "mirror = yes" and "mirror
directory = " to let Samba makes copies?

I realise that it will  influence the speed, but my opinion is that it
is worth trying ...