subnet browsing problems

oleg dashevskii od at ngu.da.ru
Fri Feb 18 14:37:37 GMT 2000

hi!

I'm experiencing troubles with $(subj).

What I actually had before is an NT box. Now it's been replaced by FreeBSD
box with 2 network interfaces: ed0 has real ip address & ed1 has local ip
10.0.0.1. NT box is now assigned ip 10.0.0.2 & is connected to FreeBSD's
ed1.

After this change NT box doesn't see its workgroup. Workgroup has WINS
server (functioning on another NT box)

I've installed samba 2.0.6 & configured it, having set local master to
yes, wins server to its ip (wins support=no) & remote announce to
10.0.0.255. Nope...

I've also tried to set preferred master to yes & os level to 65 -- Samba
has successfully become the master browser. smbclient -U% -L localhost
showed all the network, but NT box was anyway unable to see it.

Samba also constantly complains it cannot find the Domain Master Browser
to sync browse lists.

What can I do? (I don't need NT box to be seen by others, only vice versa)

% od