NT WS Error: "This account not atuhorized to login fromthis station."

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Feb 17 17:54:15 GMT 2000

Steve Litt wrote:

> Yes. I assume you're running NT server. NT server, by default, doesn't
> allow logging in locally. Here's a quote from
> http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/page2.html

Nope.  Unless I missed part ofthis, the problem is that the
Samba server is not supporting password encryption and the
NT client is post SP3 and therefore will not back down
to plain text authenticatiom.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )