NT WS Error: "This account not atuhorized to login from this station."

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Feb 17 17:17:03 GMT 2000

Yes. I assume you're running NT server. NT server, by default, doesn't
allow logging in locally. Here's a quote from
http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/page2.html

If using NT server to log in, run the User Manager for Domains, and grant
"Everyone" (or Authenticated Users assuming NT4SP3 or higher) the
capability to Log in Locally , which you would have to do even if you were
logging in to another NT PDC instead of a Samba PDC.

Of course, given the compactness of your symptom description, you could be
having some other problem, but if you're using NT Server as a workstation
logging on to a Samba PDC, this would certainly be an issue.

Steve Litt