Windows 2000

James Nord nord at cdt.luth.se
Thu Feb 17 13:25:53 GMT 2000

ian.harper at vaisala.com wrote:

> Has anyone yet had the opportunity of integrating a Windows 2000
> Professional machine into a network with Linux/Samba ??

No but Solaris/Samba works. I doubt there would be any difficulties
(unless you want domains).

> On our existing Linux/Samba machines we have implemented plain text
> passwords for NT and Win95/98, does anyone know wether the plain text patch
> for the NT will work with Win2K Pro ?

Yes, it works fine.
There is a reg file for NT with the distribution (TNG atleast) or you
can enable the option in the MMC

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams