config of aarpd on Alpha (tu0 interface)

Chad Price cprice at molbio.unmc.edu
Wed Feb 16 15:55:03 GMT 2000

OK. I give up.. As a long-time Sun admin, I've got Samba up and running
fine (on a Solaris box). Not so on the Alpha.

The command line for the Sun startup is 'aarpd le0 NETBIOSNAME' . When I
try to do the same thing on an Alpha running Tru64, (aarpd tu0
NETBIOSNAME'), it barfs and tells me 'file not found'.  I assume that the
error is that there is no /dev/tu0 file like there is a /dev/le0 on a Sun
box....

So what do I use to start it up with?  I can't find a device name in /dev,
the man pages simply refer to it as the tu0 interface (as does ifconfig)...

I've searched the docs, the archives, and the DEC man pages so far. Where
is it documented?

Chad

Chad Price
Systems Manager, Genetic Sequence Analysis Facility
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986495 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68506-6495
cprice at molbio.unmc.edu