Domain security and user logins.

Westerfield, Mike Mike_Westerfield at CNLGroup.com
Wed Feb 16 15:22:35 GMT 2000

	I think I'm not seeing the forest because of the trees on this one.
I have my samba 2.06 server set up for domain security and everything seems
to work ok, except that I have to create a user for them in the /etc/passwd
file for each user to use if I don't allow guest logins to a share.  For
example:  if I only allow JBlow access to a share I have to place a line in
my /etc/passwd file like this:

jblow:*:1002:1002:NT Dummy Account:/dev/null:/bin/false

I have about 300-500 users that I don't particularly want to create accounts
for on my Linux box.  Is there an easier way to do this?

	Mike Westerfield
	Systems Engineer
	CNL Group, Inc.