samba-2.0.6 RPM inRH6.1

Sahu, Devaraj dsahu at loralorion.com
Tue Feb 15 22:42:33 GMT 2000

Hello,

I am trying to install samba-2.0.6 (1999/11/10) inside an Intel box running
RH 6.1.  I went to the directory  /home/myid/samba-2.0.6/packaging/RedHat/
and issued the command

sh makerpms.sh

During the rpm compilation, I got a message

"Bad owner/group: /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/makefile-path.patch"

I also uncommented two lines regarding encrypted passwd and directory in
smb.conf file and redid the makerpms command.  Still the same error message.

Any suggestion to make a successful install will be appreciated.

TIA,
Devaraj.