Question about permissions and roaming profiles

Thomas Heiligenmann thomas.heiligenmann at t-online.de
Tue Feb 15 17:45:50 GMT 2000

Gérard Milhaud wrote:

> My [profiles] section in smb.conf  for both two solutions :
>
> [profiles]
>    comment = ESIL users' NT Profiles
>    writable = yes
>    path = /export/conan/home/profilsNT
>    guest ok = yes
>    create mask = 0600
>    directory mask = 0700
>
> plus this line in the [global] section :
>   logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U

Looks OK for me - I'm using a similar configuration (not set guestok).
Maybe my permissions on the parent directory are somehow different...
Have you tried the following ?

# chmod 0775 /export/conan/home/profilesNT
# chgrp users /export/conan/home/profilesNT

Assuming "users" to be the default gid on your system.
Can all your users cd into the directory /export/conan/home/profilesNT ?
Have you tried to rename "profilesNT" eg. to "profiles" (maybe one of
this really
simple but nasty and odd problems) ?

Bonne chance,
Thomas