Compile on AIX 4.2: ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

rick rick at mail.artmold.com
Tue Feb 15 15:18:20 GMT 2000

Trying to ./configure Samba 2.0.6 on AIX 4.2 on an IBM RS/6000:

checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

I'm not sure what else you would need to help me with this, but
I'll happily post whatever it takes.

--
  rick -- A mind is like a parachute...it only works when it's open.