Bug in samba-2.0.6

David Raila raila at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 14 04:39:03 GMT 2000

Solaris samba 2.0.6 with largefile support running on ultra 10 with solaris
2.7 patch level 106541-07.
Clients are win98 and win2000 importing a 10G share from the solaris
machine.
Using a small C program that writes 1M chunks to a file I can write a file
as large as the partition will support.
Using the system backup program to write a system backup to a file on the
share the program dies with a windows dialog about Unknown Error at 4G.  It
seems that the backup program is making some calls that my C code is not
that make it 4G sensitive, which I believe is the max size of a fat32 file.

dkr