Information only ERROR.

Andrei Boros andrix at fx.ro
Sun Feb 13 12:29:55 GMT 2000

 I run Samba 2.0.3. In the last few days, without changing anything in the
configuration files, it started to dissapear from the network.
 I have set local/domain/prefered master and OS level 65. No WINS support.
 I have 1 linux/samba and 2 Win95 machines.

In the log files I find :
- nmbd locked when trying to become local master, the last log entry is
truncated
- smbd puts an "Information only" : file_init: 10000 open files requested, only
246 available.

Samba is no longer seen on the network, smbclient returns connect error to local
host. nmbd has 3-4 processes, which I can only kill. smbd has only 1.

 My smb.conf has nothing related to maximum open files.

 What is wrong?

Thank you.

--
Andrix