Multiple Workgroup Question

Henri J. Schlereth henris at neandertal.org
Sun Feb 13 06:15:23 GMT 2000

> [Henri J. Schlereth]
> > Can samba provide access to multiple Windows workgroups?
>
> You can run multiple Sambae on the same machine.  Give each one a
> smb.conf and an IP address.  (You must assign multiple IP addresses to
> your machine; how to do this is OS-dependent.)  Make sure you set
>
>   bind interfaces only = yes
>
> in each smb.conf, along with the correct IP addresses.
>
> Peter

Sorry I guess I wasnt clear enough. 3 machines are in an
identical workgroup, machine #4 is to be in a separate yet
accesible workgroup. So them scheme would be
kesrith (WORKGROUP)
shonjir (WORKGROUP)
fire 	(WORKGROUP)
cave	(MYGROUP)

All are running 2.0.6 Samba and RHL 6.1. Only if the have the same
workgroup all are visible. Change the workgroup name and that machine
drops off the face of the Network Neighborhood under W95(other two
machines)

Henri