[2.0.7pre1] --with-utmp enabled ...

David Lee T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 11 18:40:01 GMT 2000

Re:

> Date:   Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:46:55 -0400 (AST)
> From:   The Hermit Hacker <scrappy at hub.org>
> To:     samba at samba.org
> Subject: [2.0.7pre1] --with-utmp enabled ...
>

> Under Solaris 7/sparc, I get:
>
> Compiling smbd/connection.c
> smbd/connection.c:381: conflicting types for `utmp_yield'
> smbd/connection.c:30: previous declaration of `utmp_yield'
>
> 381 has 'int pid', while 30 has 'pid_t pid' ... I changed 381 to reflect
> 30 and she continues on its way ...
>
> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy at hub.org        secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

I, too, had spotted this, and reported it on the technical list.  The
report is, as yet, unacknowledged.

The utmp stuff is new to 2.0.7pre1.  The original code I submitted was
internally consistent, with "int pid" for both declaration and definition.
It would appear that a tidy up (to "pid_t pid") has been attempted (fair
enough!) for inclusion into 2.0.7pre1, but that this was itself
incomplete, introducing this inconsistency.

I presume this will be resolved before release?

:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcl0tdl            South Road            :