File Creation Timestamp Problem new in V2.0.6

Thomas Jentzsch tj at schenk-systeme.ch
Fri Feb 11 18:23:56 GMT 2000

Hi,

up to Samba V2.0.5a  I could copy files from WinNT4.0 clients to a Samba
Fileserver (Linux, Kernel 2.2.10, SuSE distribution) and the "file
creation time" was kept as it was under Windows.

Now after upgrading to Samba V2.0.6 the copied files all get the
creation timestamp of the actual date and time and the original creation
timestamp is lost.

In smb.conf  has always been the entry  "dos filetimes = yes". All
versions before 2.0.6 worked fine.

In order to find the problem I simply replaced the file  "smbd"
(V2.0.6) with the one that came with the old
2.0.5a package and it worked fine again.

Did Samba V2.0.6 change it's behaviour or could it be a bug ?

Thanks
Thomas Jentzsch
tj at schenk-systeme.ch