Install new version of Samba on Redhat Linux

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Fri Feb 11 17:06:33 GMT 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, root wrote:

> After I install the newer version, I found that it still cannot be a PDC
> for NTWS (cannot found the PDC), also I found that the version of samba
> still 2.0.3!!!(smb.conf script : srever string=samba server %v)

This may be a stupid question but are you sure you are running the new
version? The rpm's typically install stuff all over the place, but the
./configure script defaults to /usr/local/samba, unless of course you got
a pre-built rpm in which case it installed it in /foo/x?

I know nothing about samba 2.0.6 being a PDC ...

/Urban