printing problem

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Fri Feb 11 16:17:29 GMT 2000

"Martin A. Marques" wrote:

> hello:
>         This is th situation: 1 Linux samba server and 1 Windows NT server
> both with printers. At the moment, the printer conected to the samba server
> has no ink, so everything goes to the NT server.
>         Problem: When ever I send something to print from the linux PC to the
> NT server, first it prints a page with 1 black diamond on the left top of the
> page. At this point I have a pill of pages useless because of this. Is there
> any solution?
>
> I using samba 2.0.5a-1
>
> TIA...... :-)

It looks like your "printer drivers" and not quite compatible. Change
the samba print command to not remove the file after sending it to the
NT server. On NT print a test to a file and compare the beginning to
see what is added to the samba version. You can then easily create
a perl or sed script to strip this before sending the print job.

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Strategic Software Organization              Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177