Install new version of Samba on Redhat Linux

root ako at easygroup.com
Fri Feb 11 06:36:52 GMT 2000

Hello,

I want to setup a  Samba PDC on a RedHat Linux6.0 for NTWS, but I got
some problems, could anybody has ideas?

RedHat 6.0 include samba version 2.0.3. And 2.0.3 seems cannot be a PDC
for NTWS.  So I tired to download and install a newer version of Samba
(2.0.6 and CVS).

After I install the newer version, I found that it still cannot be a PDC
for NTWS (cannot found the PDC), also I found that the version of samba
still 2.0.3!!!(smb.conf script : srever string=samba server %v)

Thx a lots!

Alexander Ko
ako at easygroup.com