samba printing

Poeml poml at uni-muenster.de
Tue Feb 8 19:50:03 GMT 2000

Hi folks,

I got a problem with this error message:

SMBtconX failed. ERRSRV - ERRinvdevice (Invalid device - printer request

made to non printer connection or non printer request made to printer
connection)
Perhaps you are using the wrong sharename, username or password?
Some servers insist that these be in uppercase

What does this message exactly say?
Problem is: I am in an university  network domain running under OpenVMS
VAX V7.1 and I want to print to a printer from DIGITAL, LN17ps, running
under DECprint Supervisor V1.5!
This worked until two weeks ago!!!!!! It worked fine.
But now this error message comes up.
Well:
- Does anybody has an Idea what thias message means?
- Does anybody have any suggestion what to do?
- Does anybody know where I could get help (newsgroups, companies,
manuals, ...) ?
- Does this error could have something to do with an upgrade to OpenVMS
VAX V7.2?

Thank you for any suggestion!!!

Philipp