security in samba

Yunjung Hyun yhyun at U.Arizona.EDU
Tue Feb 8 00:10:12 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am wonderng whether or not samba has some function related with
security.

In our group, we used to use 'samba' in UNIX machine (OS: AIX 4.3). One
day the UNIX machines were broken by a hacker, and we could not figure
out how the hacker could break the system. So now we are concerned to
keep using 'samba' for this security matter.
Is there any function that samba can help for security?
I had 'hosts allow' commands in configuration file.
I am also wondering if 'hosts allow' function is reliable enough for
security.

Look forward to help.