vmware, host-only network can't browse??

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Mon Feb 7 18:16:30 GMT 2000

John Salmon wrote:

>         os level = 0
..
>         preferred master = No
>         local master = Yes
>         domain master = Yes

You were almost there. I have this running on my vmware setup with no
problem. You need to make your linux box the domain master browser for
the workgroup. You need to set os level = 33 (or larger) to insure
it wins then things should work fine. Make sure your interfaces line
includes the ip assigned by vmware. I you don't want your browse list
corrupted with entries from the outside that you will not be able to
access from vmware, delete the outside interface from interfaces and
set bind interfaces only = yes.

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Strategic Software Organization              Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177