Group Policies

G. Naik gaurav at carroll.com
Sat Feb 5 21:18:20 GMT 2000

I am having trouble with Group Policies with an NT Workstation.  I did
some testing and user policies are working, however the group policy is
not working.

It seems the latest HEAD samba cvs code, does not recongize the following
parameters:

domain group map
local group map
domain users map

However, it does see username map, and i've tried a combination of things,
in the user name map, like
staff = "staff"
@staff = staff
@staff = "staff"

However, the group policy still does not work.

I am not using TNG, because HEAD is providing me with the functionality I
need, without problems so far.

If anyone has any ideas or has group policies working your help will be
appreciated!  (I am using the latest HEAD code, with domain logons = yes,
enc pw=yes, roam profiles, etc ,etc).

---
Gaurav Naik ("g")       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | www.carroll.com