Swat Problem

Uli Schroeder linuxfrage at gmx.net
Sun Dec 31 17:55:03 GMT 2000

Hi,
I rencently downloaded and installed Samba 2.2.0-Alpha1 on my SuSE 7.0
machine. The original version that came with the SuSE distribution was
2.0.7. I changed all paths to the binary folder of the new version and
checked "services" and "inetd.conf" for correct entries. After that update
Swat won't start anymore when I try to access via any browser. I changed the
entries in the config files back to point to the old binaries but that
version of Swat also doesn't start anymore. When I now look at "netstat -an
| grep 901" I can see that Linux doesn't listen anymore to that port.
Entries in "services" say something else. I have changed nothing else on my
system except the things mentioned in the Swat manual. Another thing I
should mention is that my new build binaries work. If I use webmin to access
Samba, its .conf-File and Swat everything can be startet and accessed
without any problem. It's just that somehow my Linux doesn't listen to the
specific port. Can anybody help? Does the installation of the Pre-Release
Version change any other Config-Files without my knowledge that can have
this effect?

Uli