Stuck on getting SAMBA working on my little LAN.

David Rankin drankin at txucom.net
Sat Dec 30 05:32:52 GMT 2000

Andrew:

  *\\amiga\ipc$  Password:*  means you are having an encrypted/non-encrypted
password problem.  Samba can be configured to accept encrypted or non-encrypted
passwords or both! The IPC$ message means the Win98 machine is sending an
encrypted password and the Amiga can't read it.  There are several ways to cure
this problem.  For a full discussion see:

samba-2.0.7/docs/htmldocs/using_samba/ch06_04.html

that came with your distribution.