Samba and Large file support on x86/Linux

Michael Osten samba at reefedge.com
Fri Dec 29 16:08:17 GMT 2000

I am trying to get Samba to support 2+ gig files with a x86, 2.4.0test12 and
glibc2.1 recompiled against the 2.4 headers.  During configure I get the
following lines which leave me to believe that Samba doesn't support LFS on
a 32 bit cpu's.

"disabling large file support for glibc2.1 on Linux"

and then futher in the configure:

"checking if large file support can be enabled-no"

I have also tried compiling against glibc2.2, but it appears that samba is
checking for 2.1 during the configure.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?  Or can anyone confirm that this
doesn't work?