Displaying Samba Man Pages (updated)

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Dec 29 01:04:56 GMT 2000

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, SoloCDM wrote:

> I mean display, as in, display the file contents.  I tried
> reconfiguring /etc/man.config to work with the Samba's man page
> directories to no avail.

'man man' would tell you that you can do:
man /where/I/put/samba/docs/manpages/somepage.1

Or you could just use less, assuming you have configured it with LESSOPEN
and an appropriate "lesspipe" script (try 'which lesspipe.sh'), as in:
less /where/I/put/samba/docs/manpages/somepage.1

yodldocs are sources that compile into manpages or textdocs.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/yodl/index.html

/Urban