installing samba on a HP-UX 11.0 server

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Dec 28 21:35:40 GMT 2000

Hi ,
Yes the s/w should be on the application cds.  Samba does not allow you to
mount nt filesystems, except with the smbmount command that is only
available on a couple of pc opsys's like linux.  The CIFS/9000 client will
give you this functionality (via cifsmount, cifsumount).  The nt server
needs no special software; that is the purpose of cifs/9000 client; it
allows you to mount NT shares, and make it look like (to HP-UX) that they
are nfslike mounts, without having to have nfs on the nt box.
You can get more information and manuals on the products via the following
url:

http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProducts.pl
?group_type=search
<http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProducts.p
l?group_type=search&group_name=cifs> &group_name=cifs

Hope this helps,
Don